The Benefits of Videos for your business (and how to use them effectively)
Ever heard the phrase, “seeing is believing”? Well, it’s true.
First, some statistics…
- 74% of people who watch a product video end up buying the product.
- 60% of shoppers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Pages with videos get 80% more conversions.
- Over 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile devices
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year
- Including a video in an email leads to a 200-300% increase in click-through rates,
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.*
*figures from Small Business Trends, Wyzowl, Hubspot & Insivia
These figures are too important to ignore. The majority of people prefer videos. Videos are engaging, entertaining and informative. They’re great for all demographics (especially those with short attention spans) and above all else, they keep people on your site longer, which is great for sales and SEO!
4 Great Ways to Use Videos:
Showcase Your Product: There’s no substitute for showing your product in action. Let customers see your product in real life scenarios. Whether it’s clothing or a gadget, seeing it in use can be super helpful.
How-to Videos: Everyone hates following instruction guides and product manuals! If your product needs some explaining, a video tutorial can be a lifesaver. It helps customers understand how to use it best.
Real Customer Reviews: Nothing beats genuine feedback. Videos of real customers talking about why they love your product can be just as convincing as hearing the same recommendation from a friend or family member.
Teach Something New: Got a product that can be used in creative ways? Share a tutorial. For instance, a plant shop could share how to press flowers. Use videos to inspire your customer, boost creativity or showcase unique ways to use your product that people may not have thought of on their own.
Already using videos on social media? Great! Now, let’s get them on your product pages. Simply upload your video to platforms like YouTube or TikTok, then pop the link onto your product page.
If you want to jazz up your online store and connect better with your customers, videos are the way to go. They give a real feel of your products and can seriously boost your sales. So, get filming and happy selling!